Tuesday, November 24, 2020

2020 McMary's Gift Guide for a Wonderful Life

Yours & Mine- a 2020 Gift Guide

So you can be responsible for at least one fond memory from this year! 

Plug IYKYK: I love a deal: I've been using E-bates/Rakuten for years & years. It's a click thru rebate. Sign up w/ this link https://www.rakuten.com/r/AOTMC1 


Comfortable Reusable Washable Face Masks

I have get to wear a mask through my entire work day to keep safe. Yes, I can breathe. Yes, I forget it is on. Yes, I don't like it. Yes, I've tried tons. Also, can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure I got 44 hooked on these... They come in lots of colors/prints for adult size faces and kid sizes & have an antimicrobial finish on the fabric.

 $25 for 5 (of the same print/color) | Masks from Jaanuu.com


Beautiful Gold Bangle or Cuff Bracelet or Set

For anyone who is sad, lol. I can't imagine anyone not loving this cuff set, or any person not appreciating a simple gold bangle - two options for your giving spirit. I can see a teen to a grammy appreciating this - a classic that still works. If they don't do gold, seek out a silver option. Esty has many many choices as well, here are two of my favorite options I've come across-

$118 | Soko Set of 4 Delicate Bangle Cuff Bracelets from Nordstrom

$23 | Kate Spade Heart of Gold Bangle from Macy's 

L'Oreal 8 Second Wonder Water Hair Conditioner

Having dyed the grey out of my hair like clockwork for 14 years (do the math later), so it needs some extra care. Hair is instantly is softer, less tangly, and more manageable until the next wash. Think this through before deciding who should get this- like don't go around throwing this into your coworker-with-the-bad-hair gift basket, ok? Maybe just get it for yourself or someone you know v well. 



$10 | I buy from Target but it's at all the drugstores & Ulta

A Do-It-Yourself Beanie Snap on Pom Pom Set

A great option for a creative teen, or a cute kid in a cooler climate. This set is an add on to a beanie they already have or you could include a beanie with it. The poms have the snaps attached, and the match snap can be simply sewn atop a beanie or two- or get creative with a scarf trim, a casual shoe, etc.


$15 for pom snap set | Faux Fur Pom Snap On Press Button Set from Amazon

$12 for beanie | Free People Beanie from Amazon

Watercolor Brush Pen Set + Instructional Book + Bound Paper

Speaking of being creative- any artist, budding artist, or anyone who likes to tactical/kinesthetically sooth will be tranced by this activity. It would also make a fun gift to get for yourself and for a long-distance or a friend you're protecting from covid. You could pick a project to work on together- either on a FaceTime or Zoom simultaneously or just to send updates to one another periodically. 





$8 | WaterColor Brush Tip Pens from Amazon

$6-$20 | Cason WaterColor Paper Options from Amazon

$18 | "15 Minute Watercolor Masterpieces: Create Frame Worthy Art in a few simple Steps"

A Do-It-All-or-Nothing Pocket Tool

IDK guys, it's for guys or girls who fix stuff or you want to fix stuff& it looks cool in all black. 



$20 | Gerber Dime Pocket Multi-Tool from Cabella's

Do It Yourself Hot Sauce Kit

What people have is some time to stay inside, to stay safe, and to be bored... so give them something to do. Banana Bread & Sourdough Starters step aside! Hot Sauce is coming to town.

$35 | Make Your Hot Sauce from Target

Handmade Wood Cutting Charcuterie Cheese Board

While you're in the kitchen, which is becoming the hottest (safest) it-spot in town, might as well do it in style. These beautiful cutting boards will allow you to slice & serve on gorgeous wood, made from various hard woods, you will impress giving a handmade treasure. 

$55-75 | Handmade Wood Kitchen Board from Wild Gomar Designs on Etsy

Cured Meats Salami Sampler

On it's own or as a splurge with the board above, you can give a boost to their protein intake with a curated cured meat set 

$60 | Olympia Provisions Salumi Set

A Tote Bag

I wear a very small bag- a little crossbody pouch & the ultimate is actually to be purse-less for me. Except- there are SO MANY times I want to bring everything with me. Examples: the movies, when I have papers I don't want to carry or squish, on any flight ever with a "one personal item limit", the list goes on... so in that case I throw my pouch in this tote along with my movie snax, my work docs, my neck pillow, and a vat of hand sanitizer. 

This tote is cute and v high rated, but the idea is you can go lower cost or baller- a Louis Vitton tote is $1,500 and everything in between. This reversible one from Nords is half the cost of 1/15th of the LV option, lol. 


$50 | Reversible Tote from Nordstrom




Can or Bottle Drink Koozie Single Cooler
You addicted to soda like me? I'm a pepper. Cool. Want to keep it cool for hours? Even if it doesn't last this long, it will make it so it doesn't need a coaster or get all nasty wet on the exterior. Also great for summer time outdoors... Pro tip put the drink in the cooler in the fridge first and then it will stay extra cool. Like you, like me. 






Ok, we are almost done here... and to round out this list, just think: I could have given you no ideas and no post, so just #givethanks lol. 

Squishmallows for All the Kids

They're hit, they're soft, they're cute, and they're so affordable at Costco. I bought for toddler kids, and then when I looked up reviews all the tweens and YA were on YouTube searching for them, so if you have a follower to shop for, ahaha. They are soft and cute. In the warehouse they are a few dollars cheaper, but to get them shipped is nice. 
Membership to the most Exclusive Club
If you need a sponsor from a current member, let me know. I can't guarantee I will give a glowing endorsement but I will be fair, lol. Note: The clubhouse restaurant is temp closed due to pandemic. Even if they are already a member, to not have to pay for the next year is super nice. Oh, and no one ever quits. 




$60-120 for two per household | The Gift of Costco Membership


Last but not least, I leave you with a delicious option if you want to make your own gifts to share- 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars Recipe
I don't even know this blogger, but don't these cookies have damn near everything you'd ever want in life? Thought so too. 

Don't ever pay full price for cream cheese during the holidays | Pinch of Yum Recipe Blog


If uninspired, give to a charity.

Stay safe out there. Mask up. It's a good day to have a good day.

2 comments:

kyle said...

I cant shake the feeling that something is missing on this list. I recommend this: https://tinyurl.com/yxs4jux7

Michelle said...

I have used those paint pens forever. They’re awesome! Arteza is the best brand I’ve tried. Thanks for the list. I was holding my breath for it.