Saturday, April 16, 2011

I almost didnt post this...

But I couldn't help myself...



See, what you have here is an art project our local youth created. They didn't have much time. They could only use what was given to them. We were asked to use recycled materials, and as teams build visual representations of the restoration of our Church. That is right. It is now what you think you are looking at. The Heavenly Father is the Quaker Oats Man and Jesus is the Raisin Bran Sun; both Spirits depicted on milk jugs. That is indeed Joseph Smith praying at the bottom and the green/brown mess is the Sacred Grove. Now... I know, I KNOW.

Let this serve as your formal announcement that I am going to be traveling to upstate NY this summer on a trip with these kids, as their leader. Quaker Oats Man save us all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the mostest bestest teamwork I've ever SEEN!

Ashley C said...

My flatmate and I about died laughing when we saw this.

Maggie said...

Mary, those youth are very very lucky to have you as their leader...are they prepared for the trip of their lifetime? Do they know you plan fun as a professional?