Thursday, January 6, 2011

what really bugs me...

Happy new year... blah blah blah.

Ok, now that is out of the way, lets talk about some things. Some things that really REALLY bother me.

First, fake mustaches. This is something that I just don't get. There is this trend to have mustaches at parties and people (girls and boys) wear them. I have seen this at weddings, WEDDINGS. What is going on. I mean, it has caught on like wild fire and there is no brand that is making this happen. This trend is totally organic. This trend isn't being sold. There is no 'mustache' profit being made. Anyway, stop it. {Full disclosure, like a billion years ago I provided fake mustaches for my friends Fiesta themed birthday party. If I somehow started this whole mess, I should be able to stop it right?}

See, these beautiful girls look stupid. If you have done this, its ok, it's not your fault (I take the blame) but if you haven't: don't.

Moving on...

The saying "Over the moon". I hate it. I really really hate it. I know, why not let others be happy? Well, I will tell you why not, I hate it for the same reason I hate you when you say "wicked" when you aren't from Boston and the word "uber" when you are not from Germany. You also aren't from the 1700's. (High diddle diddle). It sounds so forced.

Can I just say after just finishing typing those two things I literally just sighed out of relief. I had to say them, and this is the most public format I could think of.

Now, no one likes a complainer, so lets talk about things I really REALLY have been loving recently...


The New York Times seems to still be completely free online. They reported last year that would start subscription based online content starting in January 2011. Well, that is now and I haven't been charged. Yay.

I also really liked Christmas. Here are some pictures... which I am not in, because I suppose its because I was taking them.

Yes, I did his awesome hairstyle.


Those crazy-eyes are too much. I still can't stop laughing.


Too adorable.


P.S. It's January, and you know what that means? I turn thirty this month. Which, I am excited about. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary! I think that it is Uberly Wicked that you are turning 30 this month! I am "Over the moon"!!I am totally kidding! I can't stand facial hair, but there is no excuse for fake facial hair, well unless its for Halloween. Love in AOT!
-LP.