Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August Adventures

So there I was, on the Yacht Harbor in Sausalito, California...

... and eating lunch over the bay- literally- the place is on stilts. I had a fine meal at Spinakers (I would recommend it). I also won a bet about the Bay Bridge- mom you still owe me that $500.


___________________________________________________________



So there I was, enjoying a campfire on Ismailof Island in the Kachemak Bay...

... When I discovered a whale bone! This was right after eating the fresh shark and Alaskan salmon and chatting with Marian (she owns the island).

_______________________________________________________________

So there I was, exploring the private island of Halibut Cove...

... and discovered the not one, but two human skulls in the art studio of Diana Tillion. I am still concerned.

____________________________________________________________

So there I was, after hiking to the backside of a glacier...


... and discovered this beautiful blue ice berg. Don't worry, we were packing bear spray.

_____________________________________________________________

So there I was, fishing in the deep seas off the southern coast of Alaska...

... when I caught this Miracle Fish! I still have the bruises from the fishing pole to prove it.

__________________________________________________________

So there I was, at the Hick Fest in the hills of West Virginia...




... and I completely lost the ice cream eating contest!.... but this girl did ok:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no,no,no! The bet was 25 cents not $500. You all won't believe that I did not reconize the bay bridge. (I've only lived here for 55 years), but I guess that is long enough of "old-timers" disease to take its toll. I concur the restruant was a fine place to dine. Momma-Jo

Anonymous said...

Mary Ann McMullen...you show off.

Unknown said...

I am more than slightly jealous, LBH. Did you go to Wasilla, home of the Republican Vice President Nominee Sarah Palin?

Mary said...

Tagg Archibald, you should know the answer to that... why do you think I was in AK in the first place? Vetting.

Andrea Y. said...

'So there you were, after flying in to the Salt Lake airport, hanging out at your good friend Andrea's house.' Right??????

I am highly jealous, by the way. It looks so fun!

Michelle said...

No wonder you haven't posted in a while. You've been EVERYWHERE! What a blast. Also, you seem to have a talent for finding dead things...I am concerned.