Monday, May 3, 2010

Urban Cowboy, Intended Target, Rains that Never Fell, & Butterflies that Landed



Urban Cowboy
Cars attempting to cross the Queens-borough Bridge is typically chaotic. The bridge had been shut down for a bike race and Times Square had been closed to traffic the entire night before. This morning it was a particular mess.

Yellow cabbies were honking a symphony. A few local brave-heart drivers were weaving in and out. Traffic was moving, and there was a slight lag in one lane. Curiously, about three car lengths had been left by a cab driver in that lane. Windows down, he stepped on the gas and lunged forward, arm waved out the window and the man let out a "Yeee-Haw" like I had never heard before.

Intended Target
I was in Times Square on Saturday night. No one else was.

Rains that Never Fell
Chatting with a Slovenian artist in Central Park, I simply asked: "How long will you be in the park today?", she responds "Till the rains fall" -- the rains never fell that night.

Butterflies that Landed
There was a butterfly that we noticed on the Top of the Rock - 68 floors in the sky. The following day, I was basking in the park when a butterfly fluttered by, and landed atop my head. He stayed and visited a while. I think it
was the same little guy. He never said what he wanted.


2 comments:

Jacob R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob R said...

I feel like I should get a photo credit at least. Just sayin'